Federal and State Disaster Individual Assistance Programs – What They Mean for Your Employees Impacted by Disasters
Disasters can result in confusion and questions about government financial support for individuals. Additionally, as disasters have evolved so too have these programs. In light of such changes, what does a federally or state declared disaster actually mean in regards to possible help for individuals and families? The CRA has convened a panel for a webinar on FEMA assistance, SBA Disaster Loans (they are not just for small businesses), and California State programs.
The purpose of this roundtable webinar was to provide organizations a high level overview of these programs so they can better understand what government support actually covers and who is eligible in the event their employees are impacted by a disaster.
- Tina Rafftery, FEMA Individual Assistance Branch
- Yolanda O. Stokes – SBA Office of Disaster Assistance
- Katrina Palomar – Cal OES Recovery Individual Assistance
Webinar recorded on August 18, 2020
Some Additional Resources
Supporting Employees During Times of Extreme Circumstance Report (CRA, ACP, and BRMA, March 2018)
www.disasterassistance.gov – Survivors can check their area for federally declared disasters, apply for FEMA assistance, check the status of their FEMA application, and find disaster assistance available through other agencies
- Application Checklist
- FAQ Page
- FEMA Individual Disaster Assistance
- FEMA Individuals and Households Program (IHP) – Other Needs Assistance
- Forms of Assistance – search federal disaster relief by category type or federal agency
FEMA Toll-Free Helpline: Disaster survivors may call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362) to register for assistance or check their application status. Disaster survivors who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a Text Telephone (TTY) may call 800-462-7585. Disaster survivors who use 711 or VRS (Video Relay Service), may call 800-621-3362.
- Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters FAQ
- Presidential and SBA Agency Declared Disasters List
SBA disaster assistance customer service center – 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other California Resiliency Alliance Webinars