Bay Area Earthquake Plan
The Bay Area Earthquake Plan presents goals and strategies to achieve desired outcomes. It calls for the formation of state and federal organizations, gaining access and the execution of strategies. But the plan does not execute the response. The successful implementation of this plan requires decisive action on the part of emergency managers, especially those in leadership positions. Successful execution requires decisions and actions of leaders in the organization to:
- Deploy personnel through deployment orders and mission assignments, contracts, or memorandums of agreement.
- Form personnel into organizations and task forces directed by the Operations Section of the Unified Coordination Group.
- Develop an access strategy and a temporary supply chain. That supply chain is developed by the deployment of staging area management teams, communications capabilities, contract support and transportation resources. The result is a capability to move resources from unaffected areas to affected, isolated areas.
- Conduct “Movement Coordination” to source, broker, schedule and direct transportation.
- Coordinate and direct the actions of subordinate organizations through plans, directives, operations orders, movement schedules and mission assignments.
CRA June 27, 2019 Webinar
Jeff Newman, one of the lead Cal OES planners for the Bay Area Earthquake Plan, presented an overview of the plan, the scenarios it considers, response coordination focus areas, and what it means for the private sector.
Download Slide Deck
Table of Contents
1.3 Scope and Applicability
1.3.1 Scope of Operations
1.3.2 Authorities and Guidance
1.4 Organization of the Concept Plan
2.1 Geographic Scope
2.2 Threats and Hazards
2.4 Local and State Capabilities and Unmet Needs
4.1 Senior Leader’s Intent
4.2 Concept of Operations (CONOP)
4.2.1 General Sequence of Response
4.2.3 Response Strategy
4.2.4 Outcomes for Response
5. Incident Coordination
6. Plan Maintenance.
ANNEX A: Incident Task Organization (Redacted. For Official Use Only (FOUO))
ANNEX B: Intelligence and Situational Awareness
B.1 Potential Sources of Information
B.2 Intelligence Collection and Utilization
B.3 Essential Elements of Information (EEI)
ANNEX C: Operations (Redacted. For Official Use Only (FOUO))
ANNEX D: Logistics, Incorporated within Sections 4 and 5
ANNEX E: Communications, Incorporated within Sections 4 and 5
ANNEX X: Execution Checklist (Redacted. For Official Use Only (FOUO))
Table 1: Bay Area Earthquake Plan Development Supporting Agencies
Table 2: Acronyms